Synovetin OA™ transforms the treatment of canine osteoarthritis1
Improves mobility so dogs can be life-loving pets again
Synovetin OA™ utilizes the procedure of Radio-Synovi-Orthesis (RSO) to break the cycle of inflammation and pain1
RSO is a well-established human procedure that has been successfully used for over 60 years3,4
The active agent of Synovetin OA™ is Tin-117m, a unique conversion electron therapeutic veterinary device in an injectable colloidal suspension.1
Microparticles of Synovetin OA™ selectively target the source of inflammatory mediators through dual cellular targeting (macrophages, activated synoviocytes)2,5
RSO in people3,4
Patients who have had RSO:
More than 670,000
Joints injected using RSO:
More than 830,000
Overall Treatment Success2*
Dogs with Grade 1 & 2 Elbow OA—
†1 elbow treated; n=12/13
Dogs with Grade 3 Elbow OA—
‡Both elbows treated; n=10/14
*Overall treatment success based on a composite of force plate, Canine Brief Pain Inventory (CBPI), and clinician lameness assessments for the label dose.
Clinician’s lameness assessment—
Grade 1 & 2 Elbow OA
Dogs given the label dose had a mean reduction in overall lameness score from baseline at each post-treatment interval—1, 3, 6, 9, and 12 months2
Reductions in mean clinician’s lameness assessment scores for dogs with Grade 3 elbow OA were seen at 3, 6, and 9 months2§
Force plate gait analysis—Grade 1 & 2 Elbow OA
82% of dogs showed significant increase in peak vertical force and/or mean vertical impulse after just 1 injection.2§
Measurements taken at 1, 3, 6, 9, and 12 months.
Treatment Success = an improvement in PF and/or IMP during follow-up visit compared to baseline. n=22 dogs
PF=peak vertical force;
IMP=mean vertical impulse
Canine brief pain inventory instrument—Grade 1 & 2 and Grade 3 Elbow OA2
In Grade 1& 2 OA, mean PSS and PIS scores showed statistically significant improvement at all time intervals compared to baseline2§
There was statistical agreement between clinician and pet owner assessments.2
§ Brown D. Canine Brief Pain Inventory User Guide, 2017. No measurements were taken at Month 1 for Grade 3 elbow OA dogs.
PSS=pain severity score;
PIS=pain interference score
§Results at label dose
- Fox SM, Donecker JM. Synovitis. Technical Bulletin. Exubrion Therapeutics, July 2019.
- Data on File, Exubrion Therapeutics.
- Das BK. Role of radiosynovectomy in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and hemophilic arthropathies. Biomed Imaging Interv J. 2007;3(4):1-5. doi: 10.2349/biij.3.4.e45.
- Liepe K. 117mSn colloid in the radiosynovectomy. Presented at 2015 EANM, Hamburg, Germany, by Willem Uwe Kampen for the Bone and Joint Committee of EANM.
- Donecker JM, Stevenson NR. Radiosynoviorthesis: A new therapeutic and diagnostic tool for canine joint inflammation. Technical Bulletin. Exubrion Therapeutics, July 2019.